The IKR3 Lab
The Information and Knowledge Representation, Retrieval and Reasoning Laboratory (IKR3 Lab), previosuly Information Retrieval Laboratory (IR Lab), was established in 2005 at the Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo), University of Milan-Bicocca.
The research activity undertaken by the IKR3 Lab is aimed at defining models and techniques that improve the limitations of current systems for the Information Access. In particular, Information Retrieval and Information Filtering task are considered. The research activity undertaken by the IKR3 Lab also addresses the issues of Text Mining and Social Media Analytics.
Gabriella Pasi is Full Professor at the University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo). Since March 1, 2015.
Among the topics of current research:
- Definition of systems for contextual information access
- Context modelling and user profiling
- Social media analytics
- Analysis of information diffusion on social networks
The IKR3 Lab has been hosting several postdoc researchers, visiting Ph.D. students and visiting professors.
Current members of the lab:
- Head of the IKR3 Lab: Gabriella Pasi
- Associate Professor: Rafael Peñaloza Nyssen
- Assistant Professor: Marco Viviani
- PhD Students and Collaborators: Elias Bassani, Divi Galih Prasetyo Putri, Magdalena Nikola
The research activity in the IKR3 Lab produces numerous publications of international relevance. Recently published:
- M. Viviani, and G. Pasi, Credibility in social media: opinions, news, and health information – A survey. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Wiley, 2017
- S. Marrara, G. Pasi, M. Viviani, Aggregation Operators in Information Retrieval, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Elsevier, 2016
The members of the IKR3 Lab deliver different university courses connected to their areas of expertise.
Course materials and information can be found in more detail on the dedicated page.