The IR Lab
The Information Retrieval Laboratory (IR Lab) was established in 2005 at the Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo), University of Milan-Bicocca.
The research activity undertaken by the IR Lab is aimed at defining models and techniques that improve the limitations of current systems for the Information Access. In particular, Information Retrieval and Information Filtering task are considered. The research activity undertaken by the IRLab also addresses the issues of Text Mining and Social Media Analytics.
Gabriella Pasi is Full Professor at the University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo). Since March 1, 2015.
Among the topics of current research:
- Definition of systems for contextual information access
- Context modelling and user profiling
- Social media analytics
- Analysis of information diffusion on social networks
The Information Retrieval Laboratory has been hosting several postdoc researchers, visiting Ph.D. students and visiting professors.
Current members of the lab:
- Head of the IR Lab: Prof. Gabriella Pasi
- Research Fellows: Dr. Marco Viviani
- PhD Students: Maha Amami, Yassine Drias, Sondess Missaoui, Ekaterina Shabunina
The research activity in the IR Lab produces numerous publications of international relevance. Recently published:
- M. Viviani, and G. Pasi, Credibility in social media: opinions, news, and health information – A survey. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Wiley, 2017
- S. Marrara, G. Pasi, M. Viviani, Aggregation Operators in Information Retrieval, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Elsevier, 2016
The members of the IR Lab deliver different university courses connected to their areas of expertise.
Course materials and information can be found in more detail on the dedicated page.