From March, the 1st 2005 she is Associate Professor at the Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.
From April 1985 to February 2005 she has been working as a researcher at the National Council of Research in Milano, Italy, first within the Institute for Research in Cosmic Physics and Related Technologies, from 1994 to 2003 within the Institute for Multimedia Technologies (Istituto per le Tecnologie Informatiche Multimediali). From 2003 the Institute of Multimedia Technology has become a section of the “Istituto per le Tecnologie della Costruzione”. Her research activity has mainly concerned the modelling of flexible systems for the management and retrieval of information, in particular Information Retrieval Systems, Information Filtering Systems, Object Oriented Data Base Management Systems and Group Decision Support Systems.
In November 1995 she was visiting researcher at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Sciences Appliquées – Lannion (Université de Rennes I), France.
In June 1998 she had a contract of “maître de conférence” at the University of Rennes.
She graduated in Computer Science at the University of Milano (Summa cum Laude).
She took her PhD degree at the University of Rennes (mention Très Honorable) with a thesis titled “Application de la Théorie des Ensembles Flous pour la Définition de Systèmes Flexibles de Recherche d’Information”.
- IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology 2009 (general chair)
- IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology 2008 (workshop co-chair)
- PhD School on Web Information Retrieval, WebBar 2007 (with Alessandro Panconesi) Varenna, Italy, 26th August-1st September 2007.
- General co-chair (with F. Masulli and S. Mitra) of the International Workshop on Fuzzy Logic and Applications, Hotel Portofino Kulm, Portofino Vetta – Ruta di Camogli, Genova (Italy) – July 7-10, 2007.
- PC Vice-Chair for the Imprecision, Uncertainty and Fuzziness in Databases area at the 23rd International Conference on Data Engineering. Istanbul, Turkey; April 17-20, 2007.
- General co-chair (with Henrik Larsen, University of Aalborg) of the Seventh International Conference on Flexible Query Answering Systems (FQAS 2006), which took place in Milano, 2-10 June 2006.
- Since 2002, she organizes every year the “Special Track on Information Access and Retrieval Systems”, within the “ACM Symposium on Applied Computing”:
- Fortaleza, Brasil, 16-20 March 2008;
- Seul. South Korea, 11-15 March 2007;
- Dijon France March 2006;
- Santa Fe – New Mexico 13-17 March 2005;
- Cyprus 14-17 March 2004;
- Melbourne – Florida 9-12 March 2003;
- Madrid Spain 10-14 March 2002) (from 2002 to 2007 with Fabio Crestani, from 2008 with Gloria Bordogna).
- With Radko Mesiar (University of Bratislava) she has organized at the Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI-Lugano) the “3rd International Summer School on Aggregation Operators”, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, 10-15 July 2005.
Editorial Board Member of the following international journals:
- Web Intelligence and Agent Systems (IOS Press), (since2008)
- Information – Interaction – Intelligence, An International Journal”, Cépaduès Editions, (since 2008).
- Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems (IJCIS), Atlantis Press (since 2007).
- Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Elsevier, (since 2006).
- ACM Applied Computing Review (since 2001).
- Mathware and Soft Computing (since 2001).
- G. Bordogna and G. Pasi: “Recent research issues on the management of fuzziness in databases” edited by Physica Verlag, of the series Studies in Fuzziness, August 2000.
- F. Crestani and G. Pasi: “Soft Computing in Information Retrieval: Techniques and Applications” edited by Physica Verlag, of the series Studies in Fuzziness, May 2000.
- M. Agosti, F. Crestani and G. Pasi: “Lectures in Information Retrieval”, series Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, 2001.
- F. Masulli, F. Parenti and G. Pasi: “Advances in Fuzzy Systems and Intelligent Technologies”, Shaker Publishing, Maastricht, 2001.
- B. De Baets, J. Fodor and G. Pasi: Proceedings of the “EUROFUSE Workshop on Information Systems”, 2002,
- A. Bonarini, F. Masulli and G. Pasi: “Applications of Soft Computing”, edited by Physica Verlag, 2003.
- E. Herrera-Viedma, F. Crestani and G. Pasi: “Soft Computing for Web Information Retrieval”, edited by Physica Verlag, series Studies in Fuzziness 2006.
- G. Pasi: “Flexible Query Answering Systems”, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference FQAS 2006, Milan, Italy, June 2006, Springer Verlag, LNAI 4027.
- F. Masulli, S. Mitra and G. Pasi: “Applications if Fuzzy Sets Theory”, Proceedings of the International Workshop on Fuzzy Logic and Applications, Ruta di Camogli, Italy, July 2007, Springer Verlag, LNAI 4578.
- Allel-Adjali, P. Bosc and G. Pasi eds. “Flexible Queries in Information Systems” of the Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, to appear, 2008.
- E. Herrera-Viedma and G. Pasi eds.”Aggregation Operators for Information Systems”, of the International Journal of Intelligent Systems, to appear, 2008.
- E. Herrera-Viedma and G. Pasi eds. “Soft Approaches to Information Retrieval and Information Access on the Web”, of the Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 2006.
- M. Boughanem, F. Crestani and G. Pasi eds. “Management of uncertainty and imprecision in multimedia information retrieval systems” of the International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, 2003.
- F. Crestani and G. Pasi eds. “Modelling Vagueness and Subjectivity in Information Access” of the International Journal “Information Processing and Management”, 2002.
- G. Bordogna and G. Pasi eds. “Management of Imprecision and Uncertainty in Information Retrieval and Database Management Systems” of the “Journal of the American Society for Information Science”, Volume 49, number 3, 1998.