NOTE: Internet access is available for workshop participants: due to Italian regulations, further personal information must be provided to Silvia Calegari by Friday, January 21. For Wi-Fi internet access participants must provide: name, surname, affiliation, date and place of birth, nationality and a valid identification document (with: type, number, document’s place of emission and emission date). The identification document must be also digitally sent.
Wi-Fi connection details can be found here: https://servizi.si.unimib.it/appls/guestscert/unimib-guest.asp
The purpose of the 2nd Italian Information Retrieval (IIR) workshop is to provide a meeting forum for stimulating and disseminating research about the topics of Information Retrieval and related disciplines. The first edition of IIR took place in 2010 in Padua, and it has been a successful event (24 papers, about 50 participants) where researchers (especially early stage researchers) have been offered a friendly forum where to exchange information and present past results and innovative research developments in an informal way. The second edition of IIR will be organized in the same spirit.
IIR 2011 will take place at the University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy, on January 27-28, 2011.
The workshop will offer an opportunity to present and discuss empirical and conceptual research. Topics covered include, but are not restricted to, the following subjects:
- Theoretical retrieval models
- Relevance feedback, user models and query processing
- Multimedia and cross-media retrieval: image, video, audio and music
- Multilingual and cross-lingual retrieval
- Structured document retrieval, XML-IR
- Natural language processing, information extraction, text summarization
- Processing and search of e-mail, spam, blogs
- Categorization, topic tracking and event detection
- Mobile IR
- Context – based IR and personalization
- Thesauri and ontologies for IR
- Web IR, distributed IR, enterprise search, search of digital libraries, intranet search, desktop search
- Collaborative filtering, recommender systems
- Efficiency and performance
- Evaluation of IR
- Machine Learning for IR
- Domain-specific IR (e.g., IR for cultural heritage data)
- IR for Children
- Geographic IR
- Submission Deadline: November 22, 2010
- Notification of Acceptance: December 21, 2010
- Conference: January 27-28, 2011
Aula Martini, Building U6, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy.
Address: Piazza dell’Ateneo Nuovo 1, Milano, Italy. [ Map ]
Participation to the IIR 2011 Workshop will be free, but advanced registration is required. Participation requests must be sent to Silvia Calegari providing: name, surname and affiliation.