e-mail: marco [dot] viviani [at] disco [dot] unimib [dot] it
Work: (+39) 02-6448-7914
Address: Office 1003 @ DISCo
Marco Viviani has currently a Senior Research Fellow position at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca / Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo), on topics connected to Information Retrieval and Data Analytics in the Social Web, in the IR research group coordinated by Prof. Gabriella Pasi.
He graduated in Computer Science and he obtained the Ph.D. in Informatics from the Università degli Studi di Milano, under the supervision of Prof. Ernesto Damiani.
In 2009 he obtained a one-year postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Université de Bourgogne / Le2i (Dijon, France), in the research group coordinated by Prof. Kokou Yetongnon.
In 2010 he obtained a two-year Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées / Liris (Lyon, France), on a research project carried out by Prof. Nadia Bennani and Prof. Elod Egyed-Zsigmond.
From 2011 to 2013 he held a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Università degli Studi dell’Insubria (Varese, Italy) / DiSTA, in the STRICT group coordinated by Prof. Elena Ferrari.
His main topics of interest include Information Retrieval, Knowledge Extraction and Management, Social Media Analysis, Trust and Reputation Management, User Modeling, Fuzzy Logic, Aggregation Operators.
On these topics, he has written several international publications.
- His profile on Google Scholar
- His profile on Scopus
- His profile on ResearchGate
- His profile on LinkedIn
- His profile on DBLP
Summer School, Workshop, and Special Session Organizer
- MultiA-Pro 2010. The First International Workshop on User Profiles in Multi-application Environments @ CENTRIC 2010, August 22-27, 2010 / Nice, France
- First European Summer School on Fuzzy Logic and Applications / Lake Como School of Advanced Studies, September 7-11, 2015 / Como, Italy
- The role of big data and collaborative networks in health, special session at PRO-VE 2017 / The 18th Working Conference on Virtual Enterprises, September 18-20, 2017 / Vicenza, Italy
- Soft Computing: Methods and Applications, minitrack in the Decision Analytics, Mobile Services, and Service Science track at HICSS-51 / The 51st Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences, January 3-6, 2018 / Hilton Waikoloa Village, Big Island, HI, USA
- MultiA-Pro 2010 / International Workshop on User Profiles in Multi-application Environments / Nice, France
- MultiA-Pro 2012 / International Workshop on Interoperability of User Profiles in Multi-Application Web Environments / Lyon, France
- METHOD 2012 / The 1st IEEE International Workshop on Methods for Establishing Trust with Open Data @ COMPSAC 2012 / Izmir, Turkey
- IEEE DEST-CEE 2012 (Chair) / The 6th IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies for Complex Systems, Environment, and Service Engineering / Campione d’Italia, Italy
- KITA 2015 / The 1st International Workshop on the design, development, and use of Knowledge IT Artifacts in professional communities and aggregations / Lisbon, Portugal
- ICTIR 2015 / ACM SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval / Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
- KDDA 2015 / Knowledge Discovery and Data Analysis / Esi, Algeria
- IEEE DSAA‘ 2015 / 2015 IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics / Paris, France
- SAC 2016 / The 31st ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing / Pisa, Italy
- SITIS 2016 / The 12th International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet Systems / Naples, Italy
- SAC 2017 / The 32nd ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing / Marrakech, Morocco
- IEA/AIE 2017 / The 30th International Conference on Industrial, Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems, Arras, France
- FUZZ-IEEE 2017 / The 2017 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Naples, Italy
- SITIS 2017 / The 13th International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet Systems / Jaipur, India
- SAC 2018 / The 33rd ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing / Pau, France
- ECIR 2018 / The 40th European Conference on Information Retrieval / Grenoble, France
- PC member (ECIR 2018 long papers)
- PC member (ECIR 2018 short papers and posters)
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications
- Information Sciences
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems
- International Journal of Data Science and Analytics
- Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems
- Journal of King Saud University – Computer and Information Sciences
- Linguaggi di Programmazione – Esercitazioni / Programming Languages – Exercises, anno accademico / academic year 2016/2017, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca (DISCo)
- Informatica – Editoria digitale / Computer Science – Electronic publishing, Master di I livello in Editoria e Produzione Musicale / Master’s degree in Music Publishing and Production, anno accademico / academic year 2017/2018, Istituto Universitario di Lingue Moderne (IULM)
- Linguaggi di Programmazione – Tutoraggio / Programming Languages – Tutoring, anno accademico / academic year 2017/2018, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca (DISCo)