e-mail: yashar [dot] deldjoo [at] gmail [dot] com
Work: (+39) 02-6448-7889
Address: Office T037 @ DISCo
Yashar Deldjoo has a fellow research position under the supervision of Prof. Gabriella Pasi at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca / Department of Informatics, Systems, and Communication (DISCo) in Milan, Italy. His research interests include recommender systems and personalization, multimedia retrieval, multimedia processing and information retrieval.
He is currently finalizing his Ph.D. in Computer Science with specialization on Recommender System at Politecnico di Milano under the supervision of Prof. Paolo Cremonesi. During his Ph.D., he was an exchange student at Department of Computational Perception, JKU in Linz, Austria for six months, under the supervision of Prof. Markus Schedl. He was involved in organizing ACM RecSys Challenges 2017 with together with Xing (the European career-oriented social networking company) and RecSys Challenges 2018 with Spotify (the global music, podcast, and video streaming service provider) as part of the ACM Conference on Recommender Systems.
Yashar Deldjoo holds a second degree in English degree with a specialization in linguistics from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, an MSc degree in Electrical Engineering from the Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden and BSc degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) from the University of Guilan in Iran all with straight A GPA. He completed his MSc thesis at Multimedia Department of Ericsson Research in Kista of Stockholm in Sweden in 2009. After completing his MSc programme in Sweden, he was given the honorary title of First Rank student among 1000 entry students of the EE programme since the launch of the programme.
Yashar Deldjoo has also served as a lecturer for a BSc-level course called Multimedia Environments at the University of Guilan for several semesters while he was only an MSc and teaching assistant for an MSc-level course named Recommender Systems at Politecnico di Milano.
As a young researcher, Yashar has published several research articles in international conference and peer-reviewed journals:
- Ph.D. Visiting Researcher, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Dept. of Computational Perception, Linz, Austria, May-October 2017
- Ph.D. Research, Dept. of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering (DEIB), Milan, Italy, 2014-2018
- Research Engineer (as part of Ph.D. research), Telecom Italia, Joint Open Lab (JOL), Milan, Italy, 2014-2017
- Research Assistant (full-time employment), Chalmers University of Technology, Dept. of Signal and Systems (SS), Gothenburg, Sweden, Nov 2010-Feb 2011
- Research Internship, Télécom ParisTech, Department of Signal and Image Processing (TSI), Paris, France, Aug-Oct 2010
- Master thesis, Ericsson Research, Department of Multimedia Technologies, Stockholm, Sweden, Nov 2008-June 2009.